Vice-President and Minister of Economy, Industry, Research, Innovation, Digital Technology, Employment and Training of the Walloon Government
Born in Verviers on October 6th, 1968
Married, 2 children
- Msc in Communication (UCL, Louvain-la-Neuve).
- Bachelor in Law (ULiège).
- Secondary school - Collège Marie-Thérèse in Herve (Mathematics-Languages).
- Vice-President and Minister of Economy, Industry, Research, Innovation, Digital technology, Employment and Training of the Walloon Government since 28th July 2017;
- MR (liberal political party) President of Verviers district federation since October 2008;
- Town councillor in Herve.
PREVIOUS POLITICAL ACTIVITIES
- Minority Leader (MR) – Walloon Parliament – from 22nd October 2014 to 27th July 2017;
- Walloon and community Deputy from 23rd June 2009 to 27th July 2017;
- Federal Deputy from 26th June 2007 to 23rd June 2009;
- Walloon Deputy from 29th June 2004 to 26th June 2007;
- French community Deputy from 6th July 2004 to 26th June 2007;
- President of the parliamentary committee “Culture, youth, audiovisual media, press and cinema aid”;
- Federal Deputy from 14th July 2003 to 29th June 2004;
- MR spokesman from January 2008 to February 2011;
- Mayor of Herve from 3rd December 2012 to 27th July 2017.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Deputy chief of staff and spokesman to the Minister of Finance from July 1999 to July 2003;
- Editor-in-chief in charge of communication at « Réseau Radio Ciel » from January 1993 to December 1995;
- Press Officer to the PRL-FDF political group President at the House of Representatives from January 1996 to July 1999.